Are you a candidate for sedation dentistry? Does just the thought of visiting a dentist make you cringe, or do you put off making an appointment even though you know you need treatment. When you finally do make that appointment, do you sit in complete fear and anxiety in the waiting room, hoping for a miracle that somehow you’ll be overlooked or magically your appointment will be cancelled. Maybe you’ve had a bad experience or perhaps you just don’t like the sounds and smells of a dental office. Many of our patients tell us that they are embarassed by their teeth. Whatever the reason, if you don’t like to go to the dentist, sedation dentistry may be just the thing for you.
How does sedation dentistry work? The doctor will give you a small pill to take an hour prior to your dental appointment. Your companion will accompany you to the office. By the time you arrive, you will be very drowsy.
When you arrive in our office, you will be escorted into the treatment room, covered with a thick, warm blanket and placed on a monitor to watch your vital signs. After you are comfortable, the doctor and the experienced clinical team at Chattanooga Dental Care will take care of your dental needs.
You’ll be sedated just enough to be unaware of the treatment, as if you were relaxing. You’ll wake up refreshed. As an added bonus, many patients say they actually forget their entire experience.
When your treatment is completed, your companion will return you home to finish your comfortable, relaxing day.
Tell me more about Sedation Dentistry.
- No more fear! You will be able to relax through your dental appointment.
- Not only is sedation dentistry stress free, it’s safe! You will just take a small pill no intravenous tubes or needle.
- You will relax for up to five or six hours after taking the pill. The time you are relaxing will vary depending on your needed treatment.
- Sedation is not just for high-fear patients. Because you’ll be comfortable, our doctors can complete complex dental treatments that often require several appointments in fewer visits.
- Once you’ve experienced sedation dentistry with our doctors, you’ll probably never be afraid to go to the dentist again. Many of our patients say, Thank you, so much. Sedation Dentistry changed my life.